Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Memory Lane 3

I’m taking a break for a couple of days, going on a much-needed vacation... No internet, no email, no TV, nothing but laziness. And instead of deserting this blog and posting nothing for nine days, I’ll try to direct your attention to a couple of older stories that I posted a while ago on this blog (and blogspot's scheduling function will help me with that...). You might have missed one or two of those, so I hope you like the idea. The first new story will be posted when I'm back, on September 10th…

Richard and Paul 1
Richard and Paul 2
Richard and Paul 3
I know, I've only just published the last part of it one month ago, but the first part was published on the 29th of December, 2007, the second one on the 20th of February, 2008, so I really kept you waiting for quite some time...
I know that a couple of you don't like this story at all. And a couple of others love it. The characters - and to some extend the plot - were based on suggestions by a reader way back in December, right after I started writing. I haven't been able to get in contact with him since, so I don't know if he still reads this blog.
The reason I ended this story - and gave the two protagonists some kind of "Happily ever after" ending - was that I ultimately didn't like the "I get a video and tell you what I see" style. I do use that device now and then, but somehow I've come to find it increasingly clumsy. That's why it took so long to write the third part...
Nevertheless, I like both of the protagonists, and I guess some character traits have found their way into other characters as well...

No comments: