Thursday, May 13, 2021

Once and for all (revisited)

Since more than half of our readers discovered this blog less than five years ago I thought it would be nice to re-introduce some older stories for those who didn't catch them when they were first published. Enjoy!



Featured in this story: Chad and Alex (click for pictures)

Previous parts:
Chad on the warpath

Junk food
Coffee break
Heavy shower
Hired help
Bottled
Neighborly help
Surprise
Fine print
Bad hair day
On cue
Suits
Cups
Pressing issues


Yesterday, my cameraman Chad and I had agreed to face off in a fight to end our ongoing office vendetta.

If I lost, I’d have to raise Chad’s salary.

If he lost, he’d star in another episode of our series “Sammy the ball doctor”.

Since I couldn’t afford to pay Chad more money, I was pretty determined to win. And, of course, I wanted to see him get his nuts bashed by our nice and relentless Sammy…

Anyway, I arrived at the studio at ten o’clock.

I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt, and sneakers. When I saw that I was the first one to arrive, I walked to the kitchen and made some coffee.

A couple of minutes later, Chad arrived. He sat down at the table and lit a cigarette.

“Everything alright?” I asked.

Chad grunted.

I knew he was not a morning person, so I poured him a cup of coffee and sat down and smiled at him.

His clothing was pretty similar to mine: jeans, t-shirt, sneakers.

Obviously, he had had the same thought I had: denim is the fabric that offers the most protection.

“In the mood for a fight?” I grinned and took a sip from my cup.

Read more

No comments: