Sunday, May 30, 2021

Summer in the city: At the park with Simon (revisited)

Since more than half of our readers discovered this blog less than five years ago I thought it would be nice to re-introduce some older stories for those who didn't catch them when they were first published. Enjoy!


Featured in this story: 
Simon (click for pictures)

“Okay, let’s go”, Simon smiled.

The 23 year old guy looked at me through his horn-rimmed glasses. His blue eyes twinkled. He was wearing dark blue trousers and a short-sleeved light blue shirt.

It was hot outside, more than 90° Fahrenheit (32° Celsius) – at least that was how it felt… The sun was shining brightly and Simon had wisely taken off his slipover. I looked at his chest and wondered how he was able to not sweat profusely. No sign of moist armpits or discreet sweat lines on his shirt, no sign of summer laziness or fatigue on his face. He looked completely comfortable with the heat.

Simon looked at me expectantly.

I nodded and took the camera. It was my cameraman Chad’s day off, so I had to do camera duty.

We stepped out the door of the building our studio was in, and were met hot, thick air that felt like a brick wall.

I groaned.

Simon had an amused look on his face.

“Are we gonna do this or not?” he asked.

I shrugged. “I’d rather stay inside…”

Simon chuckled. He ran his hand through his neatly combed dark blond hair and looked around.

“Where are we gonna go?”

“I don’t know”, I said. “What about the park?”
 

 

No comments: