Sunday, October 11, 2020

Casting Cal (revisited)

Since more than half of our readers discovered this blog less than five years ago I thought it would be nice to re-introduce some older stories for those who didn't catch them when they were first published. Enjoy!


Featured in this story: Cal 
and Alex (click for pictures)

Today, I had decided to spend the day doing the books. I keep being surprised how much ordinary, boring accounting is necessary to run a website… Anyway, after three hours of adding, subtracting, dividing and miscalculating, my head was spinning and I was very happy when the doorbell rang and I had an excuse to stand up from my desk.


I looked at my watch. It was around noon and I wasn’t expecting any visitors. I pressed the buzzer and waited. I heard the footsteps of someone coming up the stairs. Judging from the sound, this someone was energetic and athletic, taking two steps at a time.

“Carl?” I said, surprised.

“It’s Cal. Hi!”

“Hi”, I said. “Sorry, Cal. I’m gonna remember your name from now on…”

Cal smiled and shrugged.

I looked at the young black man standing in front of me. He had a lean body, muscular arms and a very handsome face. He was wearing a tight white t-shirt and blue jeans, looking stunning and engaging without having to make an effort. His black hair was cut short and his cheerful, brown eyes looked at me expectantly.

I cleared my throat. “Come in”, I said and we walked into the studio.

Cal looked around and nodded approvingly. “Nice place”, he smiled.

“Thanks”, I said and walked to the kitchen. “Want a Coke?”

“Sure.”

I fetched two cans of Coke and we sat down on the couch.

Cal took a sip and smiled at me.

I grinned back, slightly irritated. I had no idea why this handsome young guy was here. “I saw you in one of Danny's interviews for the Ballbusting Olympics. Oh, and I remember seeing you at the college party”, I said, trying to get a conversation going. “Are you a student there?”
 

 

No comments: