Sunday, July 12, 2020

Casting the twins (revisited)

Since more than half of our readers discovered this blog less than five years ago I thought it would be nice to re-introduce some older stories for those who didn't catch them when they were first published. Enjoy!


Featured in this story: the twins (click for pictures)

When I arrived at his apartment for our fourth casting, I found Chad, my cameraman, in the kitchen, making coffee.

“They are already here”, he said. “They wanted to ‘limber up’…”

“What?” I didn’t understand.

“They are warming up. In the studio”, Chad said impatiently and nodded to the spare room that we used for the castings. ‘Studio’ wasn’t quite the right word for it. There was a couch, a chair, a fridge, some bookshelves, and the camera in the ‘studio’. We were planning to get a real studio – or at least something more appropriate – when we had finished casting our first batch of models. I looked into the room. There they were, Michael and Will, identical twins.

I had gotten their photo and a very short application note a few days earlier. Michael and Will look exactly the same, as identical twins do… They are 22 years old and look as if they came from Sweden: blond hair, blue eyes, 6’2” tall – stunningly beautiful. They didn’t send me any nude pictures, the note said that they didn’t have the money to make copies. Okay. I was quite doubtful, especially because I knew virtually nothing about them – except that they were really nice to look at. So I decided to give them a chance…

So now they were ‘limbering up’ in the ‘studio’. When I looked at them I understood. One of them was doing the splits on the floor, the other was stretching his muscles. The latter one straightened, when he saw me, and extended his hand.

“Hi, I’m Will”, he said, “this is my brother Michael.”

Read more

No comments: